I am sure a lot of you have been hearing about Permanent Jewelry from your friends, relatives, or TikTok. Are you curious about what exactly is Permanent Jewelry?
What is Permanent Jewelry?
Permanent jewelry is a growing trend that is taking the world by storm. Permanent refers to a piece of jewelry that is welded closed instead of being secured using a clasp or knot. Your chain is custom fit to your liking and comfort, once sized it is zapped shut. Just like that, you have your permanent jewelry on. Eternal offers permanent jewelry in various precious metals such as 14k gold, gold-filled, and 925 sterling silver, and can be customized with charms.
Types of Permanent Jewelry
14k Gold is a type of gold alloy that is made up of 58.3% pure gold and 41.7% other metals, such as copper, silver, or nickel. The karat (K) is a measure of the purity of gold, with 24k being the purest form of gold. 14k gold is a popular choice for jewelry because it offers a good balance of durability, affordability, and appearance. It is more durable than pure gold, but it is also less expensive. 14k gold also has a rich, yellow color that is appealing to many people.
- Here are some of the benefits of 14k gold:
- It is more durable than 24k gold.
- Less expensive than 24k gold.
- A rich, yellow color that is appealing to many people.
- Hypoallergenic, making it a good choice for people with sensitive skin.
Gold-filled chains are made with a solid layer of gold that is mechanically bonded to the base metal, such as jeweler’s brass. The gold layer must be at least 5% of the total weight of the bracelet to be considered gold-filled.
Gold-plated vs Gold-filled: Gold-filled jewelry is a popular choice because it is more affordable than solid gold jewelry, but it is also more durable than gold-plated jewelry. Gold plating is a process of applying a thin layer of gold to a base of mixed junk metals, essentially it is dipped in 14k gold. Gold-plated jewelry is less expensive than gold-filled jewelry, but it is also less durable and the gold layer wears off over time. Gold-plated chains are the ones that turn your skin green, and essentially start to look silver or brassy underneath. Eternal does not carry gold-plated chains or charms.
- Benefits of Gold-Filled
- Gold-filled bracelets are a good option for people who want the look and feel of gold jewelry without the high price tag.
- It is hypoallergenic, making it a good choice for people with sensitive skin.
- It is versatile and can be used to make a variety of jewelry items.
Sterling Silver is an alloy of silver that contains 92.5% pure silver and 7.5% other metals, usually copper. Sterling silver is harder than pure silver, making it more durable and suitable for jewelry making.
- Benefits of Sterling Silver
- Sterling silver is a popular choice for jewelry because it is affordable, durable, and has a beautiful luster.
- Sterling silver does not tarnish but does need to be taken care of. Clean your sterling silver jewelry regularly with a soft bristle toothbrush and dawn dish soap. Avoid exposing your sterling silver jewelry to harsh chemicals, such as chlorine and swimming pool water.